How will we meet:
For therapy, our sessions will be over a secure, video conferencing platform called Zoom. It’s free and easy to use on phones, tablets and computers.
For coaching, our sessions will be over a secure, video conferencing platform called Zoom. It’s free and easy to use on phones, tablets and computers. You also have the option of telephone sessions if you prefer.
I am available for sessions:
Tuesdays 11 am – 6:30 pm
Wednesdays 11 am – 6:00 pm
Thursdays 10:30 am – 5:00 pm
Eastern Standard Time
My current fee as a Registered Social Worker is $ 160.00 an hour with no added taxes. Payment is due prior to the session by e-transfer or credit card. I review my fees annually and they are subject to change upon review. For services outside of the counselling session, charges are applied at half my hourly rate for clinical consultations with other professionals, family or friends, for report reading and writing, professional letters and forms.
Many insurance and extended health care plans do reimburse you for services provided by a Registered Social Worker in Ontario. I send you an official receipt for insurance purposes the day following our appointment.
SCHEDULE A FREE 20 MINUTE CONSULTATION CALL
For the BOSS Life Program the total fee is $2400.00
CAD which can be paid upfront (10% discount if paid up front). Or, in monthly installments of $600.00 by e-transfer or credit card. No added taxes.
Receipts can be customized for:
- Clients who have benefits for treatment by a Registered Social Worker in Ontario
- Business owners
- Professionals in development
SCHEDULE A FREE 30 MINUTE DISCOVERY CALL
For counselling, I require 48 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If you do not provide 48 hours notice, unless there are circumstance beyond your control or exceptional circumstances, you will be billed at the regular fee of $ 160.00
For coaching, I require 48 hours notice to reschedule appointments. Otherwise, the session will be counted as a missed session with no refund.
My profession and my professional ethics require me to keep everything you discuss in session in the strictest of confidence. I have no intention of giving information about you to anyone unless you ask me to or I get your explicit consent to do so.
There are some exceptions to the practice of confidentiality. In some very rare circumstances, I could be called upon (subpoenaed) to testify about you in court. The likelihood of this happening is extremely rare, but you deserve to be informed of the possibility. Examples where this might occur are:
If you indicate to me seriously that you intend to harm someone, I am required to take action to prevent that harm from occurring, including alerting the authorities and/or warning the person who is being threatened.
If you indicate to me that you are seriously intending to harm yourself, I am also required to alert the authorities.
Any suspected child abuse. In this case, my records about you could be reviewed in court. If the law ever required me to do this, I would try to discuss any testimony I might be compelled to present beforehand.
- You are facing distress
- You have a mental health diagnosis that is not stabilized
- You have one or more life areas that are dysfunctional
- Goal is marked improvement in symptoms and functioning
- Insight oriented
- Past and present oriented
- Focus on emotional healing and resolving trauma
- Can be more directive
- You are overall functioning well
- Results focused – goal attainment is a priority
- To reach a new level of personal development or success
- Improve quality of life
- Action oriented
- You can move move quickly from thoughtful reflection into action
- Present and future oriented
- Not about healing past trauma or emotional healing
- You are able to express and handle emotions
- You can figure it out for yourself with some guidance
- Address confidence, productivity, well-being, interpersonal relationships, personal growth and happiness
- Involve active listening and a strong presence
- Require trust, intimacy to create a safe and nurturing environment
- Involve powerful questioning and clear communication
- Foster creating awareness and may involve interpretations
- Foster improved mental health and enhanced quality of life
- Deal with similar issues; relationships, career, unhappiness, work
I work with adults who have been diagnosed with mild to moderate mental health conditions. Since, I use an on-line platform to conduct sessions, I do not work with high risk clients and some challenges are best served by someone who specializes in these issues.
I do not work with:
- Active eating disorders
- Severe drug and/or alcohol abuse
- Intimate partner violence – abuser or abusee
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board claims
- Motor Vehicle Accidents claims
- Active cutting/self-harm or active suicidal behaviours
- Clients unable to control their hostility and are abusive